Thursday, December 31, 2009

Musings

How many times have you said to yourself, "Gee, I must go shopping for socks at Safeway."

Sunny, 55 degrees and windy. Just the right temperature for the tall, skinny girl in a "barely cover your butt" skirt pushing her boyfriend(?) in a wheelchair. What do you suppose she takes off to keep cool when the weather here is 110? Don't let them tell you these Arizonans are not hardy. I'm sure her legs remain tanned all year round!

The other day at about the same temperature a year-round Arizonian commented on my lack of a coat. Yes, I said, but I'm wearing a T-shirt and long pants. Oh dear! I'm going to be very, very cold when I arrive in Minneapolis on Saturday.

Today's the last day of 2009. I retired about four, nearly five years ago. I am finally sleeping until 7:00 a.m. without guilt. As for 2010, I intend to continue sleeping until 7:00 a.m. without guilt. Beyond that, no other life improvements have sprung to mind requiring New Year's resolutions.

Just glanced down to see that Lily has been burying things in the yard again. That tell-tale muddy, brown nose gives it away every time. She makes me giggle. Perhaps I need to find more entertaining activities. Simple pleasures.

I don't shop for socks at Safeway, by the way, and wonder how many folks do. It's not the first place I would look for new socks, but there they are just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment