Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Rethinking gray

Silver threads among the gold. Ok, so maybe I am getting a little gray. I noticed this morning that my silver hair can be very shiny and even kind of pretty. Also noticed in a Star Tribune ad featuring a number of recent high school graduates that all of the girls, who were uniformly beautiful, had long, flowing hair. Good thing I'm waaaay past high school graduation age. I never, ever looked good in long hair. I was never beautiful either, at least not in a traditional way.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for gray! Glad you wrote this.

    When my mom stopped coloring her hair, the silver of her gray struck me as so beautiful amongst the black of the rest; now it's almost all silver and gray, and I can't imagine it not. (I'm thankful for those genes and her coloring - wouldn't want her mom's yellowed grayness e v e r.) Mine are making more frequent appearances of late, and I'm viewing them as free highlights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thoughts! Free highlights. Of course, yellowed grayness can be attacked with bluing - remember all the blue haired ladies of the past?

    ReplyDelete