Monday, June 8, 2009

Personality improvements

No positive personality change will go untested. I found myself on Saturday being friendly to strangers, in a way that was really not like me at all. The test came as I was leaving the event, when I stupidly backed my car into a tree, causing some not insignificant damage to my right rear taillight casing and bumper. I handled it without raving, screaming or crying. I did, however, swear a little. I'm trying to ignore it, but with the right rear taillights now stuffed in the back of the car, that is hard to do. Right turn signals don't register with anyone outside the car - so next up will be getting it fixed . . . soon. And for an obscene amount of money, I'm sure.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your car! I know - those molded pieces of plastic seem like they should cost much less than they actually do. Hope the bill isn't too large. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lucked out - my deductible is only $200. I guess it's worth paying for all that insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoopie! You can be nice more often!! Let's test fate again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't get your hopes up, Cate.

    ReplyDelete