Monday, December 7, 2009

Not exactly as I'd expected

Oh the agony! I was prepared to be a gracious host, behave modestly and conceal my desire to gloat when, alas, such a thoughtful, caring response became unnecessary. Not only did I not need to avoid gloating, I had to endure much gloating by beloved family members. Who would have thought it? Next time I will insist that we watch the game at their homes, so that I can run away when it becomes too painful, or possibly, maybe, hopefully, be a rude, gloating guest. Traditionally, I have never been a gracious loser, and a great tradition it has been. The Vikes are going to have to do a whole lot better when they play the Saints, or I will have to have a Vikings T-shirt burning. I am tentatively planning to hole up alone with a bag of corn chips and a large bottle of wine for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment