Thursday, October 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Little Brother

Actually, my little brother - whose birthday is today, October 8th - is not so little any more. He's only two years younger than I am, but he'll always be my little brother. As he so happily points out to me each year, no matter how old he is, he'll always be younger than I am.

I am grateful for my little brother. If not for Gerrit, who would I have picked on and fought with as a child. The lessons he might have taught me in tolerating annoying behavior could have been priceless, had I learned anything from them. I was very good at getting him into trouble, and he was very good at doing and saying annoying things that made me angry. We have outgrown these things now - mostly. He is a good man, hard working, a loving husband and father and well liked by those who know him. So HAPPY 69TH BIRTHDAY, brother Gerrit. May you have many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment