Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Man made earthquake

Bang! Bang! Bang! Thump! Roar! and, of course, the constant beep, beep, beep. The roar of the incessantly beeping (bleeping) huge machinery is now in front of my house, and the house is rocking and shaking. The moment of breaking up the curbing has arrived. Crumpling the curbing like a large line of crackers, the big old "thingee" with the large digger basket is taking aim along my street. It is creating our own minor earthquake. "I feel the earth move under my feet"

My water will soon be coming to me from a temporary line running down the sidewalk, and the street will be no more, temporarily at least. All this in the name of progress, and necessary progress at that. The 100 year old sewer system will be replaced, giving those of us who use our various sinks, tubs and toilets a certain peace of mind and sense of security.

My basement is also vastly changed, although there is still work for me to tackle, and much, much more stuff to throw away. Hard to believe watching Rick's trailer full of stuff disappear to the dump that there would be anything left, but there is, and I must attack this project soon, before I lose momentum. It would be so easy to just shut the doors and return to the upstairs. Why, I even have carpet in my laundry room, and extra light too. A laundry room makeover, so to speak. Clean clothes for me from now on - no excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment